- Anything with my friends or J. I love being around people. I may be incredibly shy (no, really) but once I know you, you will see my crazy side.
- Taking the boy (aka the dog, moose) to play. Jacksonville has a wonderful doggie country club type dog park.
- Going to the beach. Doesn't matter the weather or if I'm alone or with people. The ocean calms me, always.
- Theme Parks with the girls. Yes, I am insane, but watching the girls faces light up at the parks is amazing. Tell me that face doesn't make you smile even a little...
- A good meal with people I love. I love to find new restaurants and to have a night out. I love to try new recipes too.
- Dancing to music I like, out with people or even alone in the living room. Playing on the wii or just random nonsense in the kitchen.
- Live music. I once got to see BB King live. Was amazing.
- Bathtub, glass of wine, good book.
- Couch, movie, head on J's chest.
My challenge to myself is to try to let all those minor things go and make fun a priority. Show the girls more of what's important in life. I am good at teaching them healthy habits, the importance of manners, why we exercise, and that too much electronic time is bad, BUT maybe I need to teach them that getting rid of stress is a good thing too. Make time after running club to take the boy to the dog park (not the country club, we only have 4 cheap visits left and I'm not paying $300+ for a dog park membership). Go have a picnic on the beach after homework is done. Wander downtown St Auggie and enjoy the lights. Find a new recipe every week and have fun cooking together. Just be silly.
What should your challenge be? What helps you de-stress?