Tuesday, November 20, 2012

NFL ortho surgeon/sideline reporter/novelist???

     Let me share a secret with you.  I have always had a secret dream of being a writer.  I really want to be able to sit down and write a smart, funny novel for women.  Truth be told, I am terrified to even start.  The only reason I can write on here is cause I have only given this website to 2 of you that I trust to tell me if it sucks.  Anyone else reading this must have just found it somehow.
     I LOVE to read.  I can read sit and enjoy reading just about anything.  Nonfiction, chick-lit, mysteries, anything, really... I think that is part of the reason that I want to write.  I have never told anyone that I want to write though.  I am a perfectionist.  I judge any and everything I do very harshly.  I have started writing at least 5 times and have deleted every word.
    There's this blog that I read.  The first blog that I have ever followed.  I only found her because she is my boyfriend's cousin's new bride.  Follow that?  Good.  She is an amazing writer.  I have laughed out loud every time that I have read her blog.  Reading her blog gave me inspiration to start writing this one.  Not that I think that I could do it better than her, not even a little.  Just that if I can enjoy reading hers, maybe, just maybe I can start my own and people will like it.
     Writing this gives me a release that I never thought I needed.  I feel better writing. I'm still scared to show anyone and I think that I'd ve very self-conscious if anyone else knew that I was writing,  but who knows... maybe, just maybe, it'll help me start that dream novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment